It’s almost a year since the last update, but today the Exchange Team released version 20.6 of the Exchange 2010 Mailbox Role Calculator.
Enhancements since version 19.9:
· Calculator now supports defining server requirements for dedicated Hub Transport and Client Access servers; specifically CPU and memory sizing.
· Calculator will state how many dedicated Hub Transport and Client Access servers should be deployed in a datacenter.
· Calculator now includes Hub Transport and Client Access impact on server megacycles and utilization calculations for multi-role deployments.
· Global catalog processor core calculations were optimized and simplified.
· Calculator has been rebranded as Exchange 2010 Server Role Requirements Calculator.
· Fixed column headers in results tables to match Site Resilience scenario
Bug Fixes since version 19.9:
· Fixed conditional formatting bug when site resilience is not enabled, yet SDC instance input has greater than 0 copies specified.
· Fixed logic error where calculator would calculate storage requirements when there were more database copies (HA+Lagged) than Mailbox servers.
· Fixed logic error in calculating remaining active databases during first and second server failures in secondary datacenter for single DAG A/A scenario.
· Fixed /environment formula for standalone number of database formula.